I am not going to ‘summarise’ my workshop this morning with Dale at Puzzles Family Day Care, this would not do any of us justice, the time and thought Dale puts into her workshops are amazing and you should really find the time to attend one.
I am however going to share with you the strong feelings I took away from our morning and hope that it will inspire you to revisit; how, what and why you are offering your children the learning experiences you are offering…
Puzzles website can be found here
1) A DEEP PASSION FOR CHILDRENS LEARNING
– Setting up many, many, many provocations and seeing what the children create and the learning that flows, not offering our children in care the same plastic everything with only one purpose.
2) A WONDERFUL LOVE OF MUSIC
– Dale played her guitar for us to sing, yes sing and play and learn new songs to get the children moving, rhyming and developing new skills. A love of Music is definitely part of my philosophy for childrens learning and it was refreshing to hear her speak so openly about encouraging music within all facet of a childs day with us.
3) A FEELING OF INSPIRATION AND EXCITEMENT
– Do you come away from workshops with these feelings? An overwhelming feeling – wanting to be more innovative and create more varied and exciting play environments for your children? I certainly do… but I think I already offer very natural large play spaces but could focus on more intimate, inclusive spaces and will be looking closely at these over the next few months.
Dales business Puzzles Family Day Care is a true reflection of her, does this make you think about your business and how it reflects you – to read more go here
Posts you may also like…